Sunday, April 03, 2005


David Coulthard said he wants his Red Bull team to launch an inquiry into why his car was so far off the pace at the Bahrain Grand Prix.
The Scot salvaged a point in the race after qualifying 14th - seven places behind team-mate Christian Klien.

"A point out of a difficult weekend is encouraging," Coulthard said.

"But now we need to do a total investigation of where we are with the car because I just struggled badly in the race and in qualifying."

Coulthard grabbed eighth place from Ferrari driver Rubens Barrichello on the final lap as the Brazilian struggled with a gearbox problem.

"At the end, Barrichello was a lot slower in his braking area and kept overshooting," Coulthard said.

"So I pretty much lined him up for a couple of laps and I knew I was going to have a go on the last lap."

Earlier on Sunday, Coulthard admitted he had driven badly in qualifying.

"I don't seem to have managed many good laps here but this was definitely the worst one of the weekend," he said.

"I drove an untidy lap and I just wished I could start all over again.

"I'm not making excuses, but I also got a bit distracted, seeing (Barrichello's) Ferrari parked at the side of the track."
 Posted by Hello

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?